20 JULY 2020, MANILA—A week after launching its electronic payment portal, the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) on Monday, formally launches its Online Recruitment Portal (ORP), digitizing the agency’s recruitment processes from application to appointment.
The ORP is also in response to the ‘new normal’ being implemented by the government to help prevent the spread of the dreaded Coronavirus Disease 2019 by reducing, if not eliminating, face-to-face transactions—one of the single biggest contributors in the spread of the virus.
It is also in accordance with the directive of the Civil Service Commission to formulate and adopt guidelines allowing for online recruitment and selection processes.
PPA General Manager Jay Daniel R. Santiago said that the ORP will pave the way for the hiring of personnel needed to plug the additional manpower requirements of the PPA while the country is still under the state of public health emergency due to COVID-19.
“The ORP is a solution and productivity tool serving as an online platform in facilitating the submission of employment applications both for internal and external applicants of PPA,” Santiago said.
“The system likewise provides for online competency assessment, video conferencing for interviews, and deliberations by the PPA Promotion and Selection Board,” Santiago added.
PPA Human Resource Management Department Manager Mark Jon S. Palomar, for his part, said the portal is linked to the agency’s Human Resource Information System (HRIS) recruitment model.
“HRIS automates various recruitment, selection and placement processes from the publication of vacant positions, evaluation of credentials, scheduling of exam/interview, shortlisting of applicants, and generation of relevant HR database, among others,” Palomar added.
The ORP also complements the Online PPA Examination which was implemented in April of this year in order not to disrupt the process amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The PPA has approximately 3,500 plantilla positions and some 1,700 are already occupied. More than a thousand positions shall be filled using the ORP in order to provide vital personnel in all of PPA’s Port Management Offices and Terminal Management Offices as the agency has been undermanned for a sometime already.
It is also expected to help the government in its employment drive after massive unemployment and lay-offs have been experienced by Filipinos here and abroad because of the pandemic.
“We are doing our best to provide Filipinos equal opportunities to land a government position amid this pandemic. If they meet the standard qualification for the job as well as other regulatory and statutory requirements to land the position, they will be hired by the agency,” Santiago said.
Commissioned by PPA in 2019, Cosmotech Philippines designed and developed the system in such a way that all interested parties, including incumbent PPA personnel in all corners of the country and abroad can access the portal.
To Register, visit http://jobs.ppa.com.ph:
A. For Organic PPA Employees, click INTERNAL
1. Enter your PPA ID Number in this format: PPA00432016
2. Enter CAPTCHA
3. Activate your account using the link sent to your provided email address.
4. Once validated, the Online Recruitment Portal log-in page will appear. Enter your registered PPA credentials to access the portal and the job vacancy profile.
6. Fill-out and complete the required fields in the desired position applied for and click submit.
7. A confirmation notice will be sent to your registered email address that your application has been received.
B. For non-organic PPA Personnel, click EXTERNAL
1. Fill-out the required information
2. Enter CAPTCHA
3. Activate your account using the link sent to your registered email address.
4. Once validated, the Online Recruitment Portal log-in page will appear. Enter your registered credentials to access the portal and the job vacancy profile.
5. Fill-out and complete the required fields in your desired position applied for and click submit.
6. A confirmation notice will be sent to your registered email address that your application has been received.
For further inquiries, you may email the HRMD Recruitment Section at email@example.com.
On 13 July 2020, during the Thanksgiving event for the 46th founding anniversary of the PPA, the agency formally launched its electronic payment portal that digitizes the collection of port charges. The e-payment portal houses and hosts all payment systems of ports under the control of the PPA and seamlessly connect it through a number of government and commercial banks joining the program as well as non-bank institutions for a variety of online payment modes such as payment centers, credit cards, and debit cards. ###