I. FACT SHEET
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
Lucena City is re-known as the gateway and melting pot city of Southern Luzon. It is considered as one of the most important commersial and trading centers of Southern Tagalog. The sprawling trade and commercoal district of Lucena is nested among a wide expose of coconut trees, form and Riceland and moderately rolling hills of gross and shrinks for pleasure. It has a rich fishing ground which supplies fishes and other seafoods. Lucena Development Project is a PPA project designed to keep up the port facilities and level of services in Southern Tagalog region specifically the area defined by the CALABARZON provinces within which substantial to industrial growth is envisioned.
B. PORT PROFILE
Location. Port of Lucena is about 140 Kilometers southeast of Manila located on coordinates of 13,54'13" noth latitude and 121,37'36" east longitude. The port complex is built along the fishing village of Brgy. talao-talao, a kilometer away to the east of Dalahican Fishing Port. It is above 140 kilometers southeast of Manila.
Sea Distance. It is 27 nautical miles to dalahican, Lucena City and 57 nautical miles to Batangas City and sea distance to Manila is 150 nautical miles.
Port Area . The total port area of TMO Lucena is 5,174.75. square meters. Operational area of 576.00 square meters and commercial area of 4,598.75 square meters as delineated under Executive order No. 199 dated September 20,1994 signed by former President Fidel V. Ramos.
Land Access . Ccompletely cemented provincial road connecting the Dalahican road and a rough causeway leading to the port of Lucena in Talo-Talao, Lucena City.
Entrance channel/Turning basin
Anchorage and Fairway. Anchor of middle of eastern side of Magdumug Island is 20.1m depth, or proceed close to Slavari Island. Anchorage at 12.8 mud bottom southwest of Pig Point.
Pilotage. Not compulsary.
Shore Reception Facility.
Navigational Aids. Lighthouse facility constructed by the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)
Storage Areas. Operational area of 576.00 sq.m.
Information Technology and Information System Local radio, telephone and telegraphic services are available at the town proper. The passenger terminal also offers a pay phone.
Telecommunications. PLDT Landlines, Postal Services, JRS, LBC. Aboitiz and Telegraph
Safety and security features.
Other available port facilities.
Berthing. RC pier is 66 meters x 12 meters complemented with 280 meters long x 7 meters wide roack causeway and 232 m wided pier approach; 10m wide concrete stair landing along the slopes of causeway. RORO ramp-9m x 11m.
Draft. Draft is 3.5 m to 4.0m.
Lighting. There are 2 sets floodlights and 9 streetlights.
Fender. There are 15 sets V-type rubber fenders, seven(7) pcs Double rubber tires, eight pcs. Single rubber tires.
Mooring. There were six sets bollard and six pcs Mooring bits..
Port Authority. Philippine Port Authority, Port District of Southern Luzon, PMO Batangas, TMO Lucena.
Terminal Operator. PPA Lucena Port Services, Brgy. Talao-talao, Lucena City
Contact Person: Ms. Shirly Dolor, Asst. General Manager and Teasurer / 727-4155
Other Government Agencies in the Port. Philippine Cost Guard (PCG), Philippine National Police(PNP), PNP Maritine Group..
III. VESSEL SERVICES
Bertthing Facilities. RC pier 66m x 12m complemented with 280 meters long x 7 meters wide rock causeway and 23 meters widened pier approach; 10 meters wide concrete stair landing along the slope of the causeway.
Roll-On-Roll-Off(RORO) Facilities. 9 meters x 11 meters
Other Berthing Areas:
Barging/Litherage Operation: None
Bunkering: Available in limited quantities from local suppliers.
Pilotage: Not compulsary.
Fresh Water Supply : Water is providedby local waterworks system and local suppliers.
Ship Cleaning : None
Ship/Equipment Repair : None
Ship Chandling: Available in limited quantities from local suppliers.
Maritime waste and garbage collection
IV. CARGO HANDLING SERVICES
Arrastre/stevedoring. Cargo handling services are being handled by PPA Lucena Port Services, a PPA operated cargo handling services under the Special Takeover Unit (STU) concept.
Container Freight Station : None
Container Yard : None
Reefer Container : None
Container Freight Station : None
Dangerous Cargoes : None
Automobile compount/yard: None
Customs Brokerage/freight forwarding : None
Weighing Machine : None
Weighbridge/truck Scale : None
Trucking/hauling Services: Provided by local haulers and owners of cargoes.
Other cargo handling services : None
Equipment Leasing : None
V. SERVICES FOR PASSENGERS, SHIPPERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Passenger Terminal Building (PTB)/Shed : None
Passenger Ferry Services : Montenegro Shipping Lines, Phil Nippon Kyoei and Blue Water Jet
Vehicle Parking Area : 4,598.75 sq. meters
Booking/Freight Forwarding : None
Banking Services : Philippine National Bank (PNB), Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), Land Bank of the Philippines, Metrobank, Bank of the Philippine Islands.
Telecomminucation Services : PLDT Landlines, Postal Services, JRS, JBC, Aboitiz Telegraph, Smart Communications, Inc., Globe Telecom Inc.
Medical Facilities : Luzon Provincial Hospital, Lucena Doctors Hospital and Quezon Doctors Hospital.
Necessary customs, immigartion,quarantine and health clearances: Montenegro Shipping Lines, Phil Nippon Kyoei and Blue Water Jet
VI. OTHER SERVICES
- One-stop-shop for paying port charges and fees: PPA Terminal Management Office
- E-Payment: None
- Helpdesk for port users: PPA Terminal Management Office
VII. REGULAR LINERS CALLING AT THE PORT
- International Liners: None
- Domestic Liners: Montenegro Shipping Lines, Viva Shipping Lines, Phil Nippon Kyoei, Inc. and Blue Water Jet
VIII. DIRECTORY OF SERVICES
- Agents, domestic Shipping Lines: Port of Dalahican, Lucena City
- Agents, foreign shipping lines: None
- Philippine National Bank, Lucena City
- Development Bank of the Philippines, Lucena City
- Land Bank of the Philippines, Lucena City
- bank of the Philippine Islands
- Metrobank, Lucena City
- Bunkering: Available in limited quantities from local suppliers.
- Cargo Handling Operators: PPA Lucena Port Services, Brgy. talo-Talao, Lucena City
- Chandling and General Supplies
- Cold Storage Operators:
- Philippine Fish Development Authority
- Lucena Fishing port Complex, Dalahican Lucena City
- Container and chassis depot operators: None
- Container freight stations:None
- Container leasing and sales :None
- Container maintenance and repair :None
- Custom Brokers and forwarders :None
- Export packing, rigging and crating :None
- Freight consolidators :None
- Foreigh Trade Zones :None
- Logistical Services: None
- Maritime waste and garbage contractors: None
- Pilotage Services: Compulsary for foreign vessels. Quezon Harbor pilot Co., Inc. is the authorized opy to under pilotage services:
- Capt. Emmanuel Gob: Cheif Pilot
- Capt. Amorsolo Villaruel: Harbor Pilot
- Capt. Ireneo delos Santos: Harbor Pilot
- tel. Nos., (042)710-3701 ; 373-3711 ; 660-0503; (02) 871-2033
- Power Supply. Manila Electric Company, Lucena City
- Scales and weigh stations: None