I. FACT SHEET
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
Balanacan is the mainport serving towns on the west side of Marinduque, including the capital town of Boac and the municipalities of Mogpog, Buenavista and Gasan. It links Marinduque with the provinces of Batangas, Mindoro, Quezon, Romblon, Masbate and even Metro Manila and toher islands of the Visayas.
B. PORT PROFILE
Location. Balanacan, one of the two national ports of entry in the province of Marinduque, is located at Lat. 13" 31.9'N, Long. 121"2'E, northwest of Marinduque, SW of San Andres Point, Balanacan, Marinduque.
Sea Distance. It is 27 nautical miles to Dalahican, Lucena City and 57 nautical miles to Batangas City and sea distance to Manila is 150 nautical miles.
Port Area . The total port area of TMO Balanacan is 5,174.75. square meters. Operational area of 576.00 square meters and a commercial area of 4,598.75 square meters. Approximately, 4,7760 square meters reflaimed area is used for marshalling, parking and open storage.
Land Access . Completely cemented provincial road.
Entrance channel/Turning basin.
Anchorage and Fairway. Anchor of middle of eastern side of Magdumug Island is 20.1m depth, or proceed close to Slavari Island. Anchorage at 12.8 mud bottom southwest of Pig Point.
Pilotage. Not compulsary.
Shore Reception Facility.
Navigational Aids. Lighthouse tower situated at the tip of Magdiwang Island.
Breakwater. It is a natural breakwater bacause the port is surrounded by mountains .
Storage Areas. A 200 square meters concrete cargo shed, 1 square meters of which is utilized as office by the cargo handling contractor. Approximately 4,760 square meters reclaimed area is used for marshalling, parking and open storage.
Information Technology and Information System Local radio, telephone and telegraphic services are available at the town proper. The passenger terminal also offers a pay phone.
Telecommunications. Telephone lines at the port office; Smart Inc. and globe Telecom telephone provides cell sites for the mobile cell phones.
Safety and security features.
Other available port facilities.
Berthing. T-shaped 35m x 9m pier constructed on reinforced deck supported by reinforced concrete piles and provided with mooring bitts and fenders.
Draft. Draft is 9-11m below MLLW.
RORO Facility . One (1) RoRo ramp measuring 7m x 12m.
Passenger Terminal. A 300 square meter passenger shed with 117m long covered wlk that protects passengers from rain and the heat of the sun. The terminal is complete with amenities such as canteen, ticket booth and comfort rooms.
Port Authority. PPA, PMO Batangas, TMO Balanacan
Terminal Operator. PPA Balanacan Port Services
Other Government Agencies in the Port. Philippine Cost Guard (PCG), Philippine National Police(PNP), National Power corporation (NPC)
III. VESSEL SERVICES
Bertthing Facilities. A T-shaped 35m x 9m pier constructed on reinforced concrete deck and reinforced concrete whrf of 481.0 square meters.
Roll-On-Roll-Off(RORO) Facilities. The port has a RoRo ramp measuring 94.0 square meters
Other Berthing Areas:
Pilotage: Not compulsary.
Fresh Water Supply : Water is providedby local waterworks system and by local suppliers.
Ship Cleaning : None
Ship/Equipment Repair : None
Ship Chandling: None
Maritime waste and garbage collection: Collected by the cargo handling operator and disposed at the hole located at the backyard of the port.
IV. CARGO HANDLING SERVICES
Arrastre/stevedoring. Cargo handling services are being handled by PPA Balanacan Port Services
Warehousing: The port has a cargo shed of 200 square meters
Container Freight Station : None
Container Yard : None
Reefer Container : None
Container Freight Station : None
Dangerous Cargoes : None
Automobile compount/yard: None
Customs Brokerage/freight forwarding : None
Weighing Machine : None
Weighbridge/truck Scale : None
Trucking/hauling Services: Provided by local haulers being contracted by the shippers/consignees. Majority of the owner of cargoes have their own trucks to haul their cargoes.
Other cargo handling services : None
Equipment Leasing : None
V. SERVICES FOR PASSENGERS, SHIPPERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Passenger Terminal Building (PTB)/Shed : A 3,000 square meter terminal building equip with air condition, comfort rooms, gang chairs, ticket booths are available to give comfort and convenience to the riding public.
Passenger Ferry Services : Three (3) shipping lines are operating in this port connecting Lucena Port, namely: MV Blue Water Jet (Viva shipping Lines), montenegro shipping Lines nd Phil Nippon Kyoei Corp.
Vehicle Parking Area : A concrete pave open area that serves as parking, marshalling, staging area of rolling cargoes.
Banking Services : Land Bank of the Philippines, Philippine National bank, allied Bank are available in the capital town of Boac, Marinduque.
Telecomminucation Services : Long distance telephone, telegraph services are avialable. PLDT, Eastern Telecom. Privete government communication facilities are available in the province. Cell sites of smart Communications, Inc. and globe Telecom are available in the entire province.
Medical Facilities : Government and privete hospitals and Medical clinic are available in the capital town of Boac, Marinduque.
Necessary customs, immigartion,quarantine and health clearances: On call whenever need arises.
VI. OTHER SERVICES
- One-stop-shop for paying port charges and fees. At the PPA Terminal Management Office (TMO)
- E-Payment: None
- Helpdesk for port users: At the PPA Terminal Management Office (TMO)
VII. REGULAR LINERS CALLING AT THE PORT
- International Liners: None
- Domestic Liners: Viva Shipping Lines, Montenegro Shipping Lines, and Phil Nippon Kyoei Inc Corp.
VIII. DIRECTORY OF SERVICES
- Agents, domestic Shipping Lines:
- Viva Shipping Lines - Dalahican Port , Lucena City
- Montenegro Shipping Lines - Dalahican Port , Lucena City
- Phil nippon Kyoei, Inc. - Dalahican Port , Lucena City
- Agents, foreign shipping lines: None
- Philippine National Bank, Boac, Marinduque
- Land Bank of the Philippines, Boac, Marinduque
- Allied Bank, Boac, Marinduque
- Bunkering: Vessels take their bunker fuel at Lucena city
- Cargo Handling Operators:
- PPA Balanacan Port Services, Port of Balanacan, Mogpog, Marinduque
- Chandling and General Supplies: None
- Cold Storage Operators:
- Container and chassis depot operators: None
- Container freight stations:None
- Container leasing and sales :None
- Container maintenance and repair :None
- Custom Brokers and forwarders :None
- Export packing, rigging and crating :None
- Freight consolidators :None
- Foreigh Trade Zones :None
- Logistical Services: None
- Maritime waste and garbage contractors: None
- Pilotage Services: None
- Power Supply. Marinduque Electric Cooperative - Boac, Marinduque
- Scales and weigh stations: None
- Shipping Companies: Montenegro Shipping Lines, Viva Shipping Lines, Phil Nippon Kyoei Corp
- Ship Repair: none
- Shore Reception Facility: None
- Telecommunications: None
- Towing and Tugboat Operators: None
- Trucking/Huling: None
- Water Supply: Balanacan Water Supply System, Balanacan, Mogpog, Marinduque
- Warehousing: None
- Others: None